Paneer Dosa |South Indian Breakfast With Paneer

I  recently came across this keto dosa recipe by Magic in my Food original recipe and I just had to try it. In the past I had used almond flour and cheese  to make dosa but due to the effort and time, I rarely made the *typical* south indian dishes. Seeing this recipe made me curious about the outcome as one would normally think that it will stick to the bottom, I definitely thought so as the batter has no binder. 

So the recipe basically calls for 
Cottage cheese/Paneer, yogurt and water. 
Yes, that's it. 
I just made a couple of additions with garlic and chilli powder.

Blend the above, make a smooth pancake like batter and pour on your pan.  The secret is in cooking it on very low flame and being really patient and honestly that is what I lack when it comes to food. It took time to cook but I was shocked with the outcome  as it is  soft intially but crisps up and paired with chutneys its delicious. 

Note:The dosa is very crunchy so it needs to be served immediately. It will becomes hard if it is served even after a couple of minutes.

So in my opinion the dish is a lovely alternative for people who don't have or enjoy eggs in their keto diet but the time factor makes me think about it twice. It is a different way of cooking and eating paneer as normally its just curry or tikka but I  would make this dish maybe on some special ocassions only. 

Original recipe 

Makes 4 Dosas 
Ingredients
For the batter
Paneer 175g
Hung curd 1/2 tbsp 
Garlic 4 to 6 cloves (optional) 
Chilli powder( optional) 
Salt 
Oil/Ghee

Method

Step 1
In a mixer  add the paneer, garlic, chilli powder and hung curd and blend it well. 
Check the consistency and add little water and blend it. The aim is to get a thick pancake like batter. Mix salt in the batter. 

Step 2
Heat a nonstick pan. Pour 1/4th of the mixture.



Cover and cook orelse the kitchen will be in a mess. After 2 mins remove the cover add oil on the sides. 

Cover and cook till it becomes brown. Remove the cover, when browning happens, transfer it on a plate.
Serve with chutney.
Enjoy hot♨️






Comments

Popular Posts